Our Chapter, of a network that has been active for 40 years, brings together Buddhist practitioners working collectively for peace and justice. Coming from a variety of Buddhist traditions, we are a community of activist friends trying to engage more directly in social action and service for the benefit of all beings. We work with Chicagoland organizations and other BPF chapters, and we are participating in an ongoing series of activities. We meet monthly and have additional committees on selected topics.We embrace diversity and invite anyone to join our meetings.
For more information, please contact: deankaufer at mac dot com, or call 773-465-4279. You can also visit: http://www.bpfchicago.org/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bpf_chicago/
Current meeting time and place: Third Thursday of every month at Ancient Dragon Zen Gate meditation hall, 1922 W. Irving Park Rd (near Damen and the Irving Park Brownline station) in Chicago. There is an optional meditation at at 7:15 pm. The meeting begins at 7:45 and concludes at 9:00 pm.
- Recognize the interdependence of all beings
- Meet suffering directly and with compassion
- Appreciate the importance of not clinging to views and outcomes
- Work with Buddhists from all traditions
- Connect individual and social transformation
- Practice nonviolence
- Protect and extend human rights